My Night Sky Photography: Enjoy the view! Location is just outside of Death Valley. I will include an additional photo with labels just in case you’re wondering what that mysterious bright object is.
The 3rd and 4th logs were notched and set into place.
The notching is done with a log scribe, axe, and gouge. They are concave to produce a tightly fitting edge that both sheds water and tightens over time. Each notch looks like a unique hand carved bowl…
07.28.14 @ 17:15♥288049
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
Yeah but have you seen this
If you’re easily triggered by sexual abuse don’t ever watch Amy Schumer. She is not funny, and she constantly makes really weird rape or molestation jokes.
07.25.14 @ 12:18♥283360
European Space Agency’s spacecraft Rosetta, launched in 2004, wakes up from its deep-space hibernation tomorrow (January 20) and lands on a comet in August to unlock the mysteries of the oldest building blocks of our Solar System.
To draw more attention to this significant event, ESA has made a Rosetta Facebook theme kit, as you can see above.
More information & full post
ESA Rosetta Mission - Launched in 2004 and getting very close to its destination.
Floto+Warner Studio: Colorful Liquid Splashes Captured at 1/3500th of a Second Look Like Floating Sculpturest
Cassandra Warner and Jeremy Floto of Floto+Warner Studio recently produced this beautiful series of photos titled Clourant that seemingly turns large splashes of colorful liquid into glistening sculptures that hover in midair. The photos were shot at a speed of 1/3,500th of a second, taking special care to disguise the origin of each burst making images appear almost digital in nature (the duo assures no Photoshop was used).
07.18.14 @ 22:39♥185619
This is a real panda!
China has this “panda diplomacy” and this one will be sent to Japan as an friendship envoy. For the safety reason he sits as a passenger with his feeder, not in a cage. Fastening the seat belt, wearing a diaper, eating bamboos